Wednesday, September 15, 2004

PRIDE OF LIONS - Destiny Stone


 
Frontiers Records is pleased to announce the release of the highly anticipated new album from Pride Of Lions entitled The Destiny Stone for November, the 8th 2004. "Pride Of Lions is my vision of the best elements of the great melodic rock era of the 80s, updated of course with more modern production sounds." These are the words of Jim Peterik, a man who just might know what he's talking about when it comes to great melodic rock having been a member of Grammy-award winners Survivor and songwriter for Sammy Hagar, 38 Special, Van Zant, Aerosmith, John Wetton, Cheap Trick, Uriah Heep, REO Speedwagon and many more. "When Serafino Perugino, Frontiers Records President, called me in February and asked if we could have a new Pride Of Lions album ready by July for a November release - I just about dropped the phone - that's exactly one year since the release of our debut!" exclaims Peterik, "I composed myself and always one for a good challenge I said, No problem!"

From that moment on Jim and Toby Hitchcock have been living and breathing Pride Of Lions. Their second album, The Destiny Stone is now complete and if early response is any indication, it just may surpass the first in artistic vision and world acclaim. "We set out to top ourselves, to write songs with the great uplifting messages and melodies that have become our trademark", says Peterik. "To have a great singer like Toby to co-sing these songs is a songwriter's dream come true. It lets me explore the full range of melodic vision." Toby Hitchcock, a relative newcomer to the rock scene, at age 26 has made an indelible mark as a singer's singer with echoes of some of rock's finest voices in his distinctive tenor. "I had a blast recording this album. We kept the basic team the same, same band, same studio, same production team (Jim and Larry Millas), behind the board. I say, if it ain't broke, don t fix it!"

The Destiny Stone is a song cycle that Jim Peterik started in January 04. Many of the songs were inspired by the mysterious visions he experienced as a child of four. "The only way I can describe it was that it felt like I was falling through a crack in time. It was far different than a dream - much more vivid and intense. The Destiny Stone is the musical embodiment of these journeys."
The range of material on the album goes from majestic orchestrated ballads such as Back To Camelot and Light From A Distant Shore, to hard as nails rockers such as Born To Believe In You, Parallel Lines and the lead off track The Courage To Love Somebody. "As usual, I wear my influences on my sleeve, like with the Styx inspired, Man Behind The Mask and my tribute to John Miles, The Gift Of Song. But I always try to inject my own style to the blend and make it unique", states Jim. "My favorite on this record is Falling Back To Then", says Toby. Final track listing is as follows: The Courage To Love Somebody (click to hear an MP3 sample); Parallel Lines (click to hear an MP3 sample); Back to Camelot (click to hear an MP3 sample); Born To Believe In You; What Kind of Fool; Man Behind The Mask; Light From A Distant Shore; Letter To The Future; The Destiny Stone; Second Hand Life; Falling Back To Then; The Gift of Song.